Thursday, January 31, 2008

More pictures, other stuff

January 31, 2008 -

So, Ill start with my usual apology for going so long without writing. Sorry. Ive been getting into writing emails to people, its hard to keep writing to a wall and to not get any feedback. My new strategy is to start inserting sections of emails into my blogs. I'm going to change the blog though, for a few reasons. First I am going to be more organized. Now that Ive been here for a while I have somewhat of an outline of things I can tell you my general feelings about things. I am thinking about changing sites, because this site wont allow me to put a password...I can make it private but then everyone needs their own password to get in...if some google person reads this, this is why Id leave. Im going to see how it turns out and decide then, but ill make sure to post the new site and email the new password to everyone. Its not that I think a reasonable peace corps staff member (they do read our blogs) or future employer would judge me on what Ill say, but its like writing a diary entry knowing someone might read it…I want it to be what I really think.

Im doing well. I think changing my malaria medication was a good idea, I've been much more productive in school and I'm feeling better all the time. I still dream about the states (less about food also and more about company….I would love to be home for the super bowl). I'm going to try to be with Americans that night but might not be able to and might end up not watching it…If I do end up watching it itll be live, ill put it on my blog that ill be on so if you want to call and say hi you can.

I am working on a proposal to get a basketball/volleyball court built at the school. They have a foundation but no money to finish it, put up hoops, etc. Ill be posting that on the peace corps website this week, and putting a link on this blog. Help me out people.

Id like to give a shout out to the Mahars, thanks for reading the blog and getting something to my mom to send. I ate all the sour patch kids in 24 hrs, the Swedish fish the 2 days after. They were delicious. Let it be known if you give my mom something to send to me she'll get it here.

I bought a guitar right after Christmas, its been really nice to have…between things I need to do I practice…Im planning to be pretty ridiculous when I get home, or at least be able to play free bird and deuling banjos.

Heard its looking good for a democrat but we're not sure which one, I'm a little out of touch but just to let you guys know, if you want to see me in the next 5 years vote democrat, if a republican gets elected I may just wait it out. That’s all I got right now, Im going to try and figure out the password thing and then you should get an email…again if not email me. Everybody take it easy.

brad


My school from above. There are 1077 students.
Swearing in day...we all wore the same pattern. What Im wearings called a bubu, I havent worn it since.
Attacked by creachies! Nasty little buggers secret a poisonous juice, I have another rash on my shoulder now.
The fonts palace. The font is the head chief, pretty big dude. He wasnt there so I didnt get to meet him.
Ants eating a cockroach...I think its a cool picture.

No comments: