Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Last Night In the Hotel

Yaounde, Cameroon - The last couple days have been mostly medical and cultural training, with good meals and beers in the evening. My language test went okay, my watched stopped before it so I told him it was 515 when it was 730 but he didnt correct me, part of the reason I'm novice-low (or novel's as were dubbed). We have to get to intermediate-mid in the next 8 weeks. The medication I'm taking is messing with my sleep but other then that cant complain. I have a cell phone now, the number is 94187793, which means you call 011-237-94187793. (I can also get texts(Also remember Im 5 hrs ahead)). Incoming calls are free for me so dont worry about it. Tomorrow were going to Buhhsomething where our training and host familys are. I dont have much time again because theres 3 computers for 39 of us but Sunday hopefully Ill find an internet cafe. Oh it was exciting I saw a white civic hatchback yesterday on the street, it had a sunroof but otherwise identical to the ferdrod. Anyway hopefully Ill have a picture of my host family and other things soon. Au revoir, Brad

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth Melius, Laconner,WA sent me the link to your blog. I just got off the phone with you as you were on your way to Bangangte. I am MBASSI and work with the International Rescue Committee (IRC) in Kisangani, DR Congo. My email is johnmbassi@yahoo.com or tokombere2@yahoo.com. I have family and friends back in Cameroon and I am sure they will be happy to meet and help you adjusted. Thank you for choosing Cameroon and Please do me a favor take time to visit the northern provinces.

Anonymous said...

Good luck buddy.

Unknown said...

Hope the 'roon is going well. Im at work right now just doing my thing... hopefully you'll make another blog entry at some point,,, maybe something about how youre liking the other people, the program, the locals.. i dunno---
things here are pretty standard... can't beleive youre going to be gone for 2 years.. only another 24 months to go.. enjoy the experience

Anonymous said...

young ferd-
bri's in still in town and we were reminiscing about jumbling tower. "who's turn is it"? i still can't wrap my mind around the fact that you're in cameroon for 24 months, but im sure the kids are already smarter in your presence. as frank said, things are standard around here. can't wait for the next post. keep it real/safe. and NEVER EVER EVER!!!! wipe with 1 ply, that $hit stings.
-shwibbs